Tuesday 6 December 2011

Fresh flower dress

I have been doing some research for an essay assignment that involves comparing two pieces of art. As i am on the fashion degree I went down the route of symbolic fashion designs. Here's what i am starting with...
This dress is just brilliant, made by Alexander McQueen for spring/summer 2007. It is made with real flowers that were stuck on just before she walked the cat walk. The flowers were falling off as she walked leaving a trail behind. Lee Mcqueen said "Things rot. It was all about decay. I used flowers because they die". For such a beautiful creation this dress has such a morbid concept, it really fascinates me.
I think the late Lee McQueen was a genius and all of the creations that he left behind are proof of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment